May is Fibromyalgia Awareness Month and ProHealth say, ‘Help us raise awareness and dispel the myths about this disease’.
Zazzle an American site has a number of Fibromyalgia Awareness Gifts from t. shirts to key rings. T. shirts are also available from Cafe Press UK. A great site with lots of gifts/awareness for Fibromyalgia is the UK FMA (Fibromyalgia Action UK).
There is also a Facebook Site which is promoting May 12th as ‘International ME/CFS/& FM Awareness Day’ so pop over and give them a tick or a donation to help raise awareness of these diseases.
SIX FACTS ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA…
- It is a real disorder with measurable biological abnormalities.
- There is a specific set of diagnostic criteria developed by the American College of Rheumatology to be used for diagnosing Fibromyalgia.
- It affects men, women, and children of all ages.
- Several studies have revealed markers of inflammation in Fibromyalgia.
- Exercise, when done properly, can help to reduce Fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Although there is no cure for Fibromyalgia, it can be managed with the right combination of treatments and therapies.