At the moment we are also having some unseasonally warm weather but the nights and early mornings are starting to drop in temperature.
The top tips in preperation for the autumn seasons are :
- Studies show that a warm or hot bath can have a therapeutic effect.
- Make sure if you are going out that you dress in layers, that way if it gets warm you can take a layer off but if its cool you will not feel the drop in temperature.
- Check the weather daily as the season starts to prepare for each day.
- Pull out the heat pad to use just before you go for a sleep or a rest in the day time.
- Make sure you are not in a draft.
- Try hand warmers, Stephen Soloway, MD, a rheumatologist says they can ease fibromyalgia.
- Cut down on alcohol as it can dilate blood vessels and cause heaat loss.
- Make sure you get as much sleep as possible.