- Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Curcumin has been shown to down-regulate factors that induce inflammation in chronic illnesses.
- Curcumin is a potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals due to its chemical structure.
- Turmeric is good for depression. Depression is also linked to reduced levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and a shrinking hippocampus, a brain area with a role in learning and memory.Curcumin boosts BNDF levels, potentially reversing some of these changes.
- According to Enjoy Natural Health, turmeric is good for whitening your teeth. They say, ‘Once in a while brush with turmeric before brushing with your regular toothpaste. And don’t worry if it looks like the bright color of turmeric will stain your teeth. Once you rinse and brush with your regular toothpaste it will all go away. Here is one way to whiten your teeth with turmeric.’
- An article on Healthlife says that arthritis patients respond very well to curcumin supplements. In a study of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, curcumin was even more effective than an anti-inflammatory drug.
- BBC Good Food say that ‘another active ingredient in turmeric is turmerone. Although far less is known about turmerone compared to curcumin, it can be obtained from whole ground turmeric. Some studies suggest tumerone can support cognitive performance due to its neuroprotective properties’.
- Boots state that ‘Turmeric has been used for many thousands of years in Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic medicine for conditions including heartburn, diarrhoea, stomachbloating, colds, fibromyalgia and depression. Followers of Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine also sometimes apply turmeric to the skin for ringworm and infected wounds as it’s said to have anti-bacterial properties’.
- A great place to buy Tumeric is from Nature’s Best who sell the high potency tumeric 10,000 tablets.
4 thoughts on “SEVEN REASONS TO TAKE TUMERIC…”
thank you! I needed this little nudge to pull some turmeric out of the cupboard and put it to work. Hope you are doing well in the new year—-
LikeLiked by 1 person
Happy New Year – glad I gave you the nudge. I’m doing ok at the moment, thanks for asking. Hope you are keeping well too? Take care.
Reblogged this on Green, Health & Wellness.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Hutt 🙂