According to an article in Daily Mail experts recommend five of the best products for chronic pain…
- Trigger Point Massage Ball – Physix Massage Balls from Amazon – these spikey trigger point balls are supposed to help release tight painful muscles. You simply place the ball under the area where the pain is and roll on top of it until you find the sore spot. You then keep rolling on and off until the pain eases.
- Gopo Joint Health Capsules– Studies have shown that patients with osteoarthritis have found that taking galactollpid (GOPO) which is an extract of rose hips, can quickly reduce joint pain and stiffness. Rose hip extract is thought to be an anti-inflammatory. You can buy GOPO capsules from Boots.
- Headspace App – It’s a well-known fact that stress can exacerbate chronic pain. Following Headspaces mindfulness and meditation techniques is thought to help. The website also explains in great detail on how to meditate.
- Chronic Pain Diary – I have written about this before and so I was pleased to see it on their top five list. Noting down what level your pain is on, what triggers it, and how long it lasts on a daily basis has been shown to help you see your pattern which will then help you anticipate and treat pain more effectively as well as giving your pain clinic how you are coping with your pain. You can buy a Chronic Pain Diary from Amazon.
- Vibrating Massage Pillow – this is another pain relief that I have recently written about. This one they highly recommend for back pain. You pop the cushion over the area of pain and the vibrations are said to really help if you need to sit for a long period, so ideal for a long car journey. The nerve stimulation from the vibrations may also help distract you from your pain. Its available from a company called Sensory Direct.