Fibromyalgia Awareness Day may be a few months off (May 12! 2018), but you really should be raising awareness all year long — you can even start getting organized for a big event on Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.#
There are many ways that you can help to raise the profile of fibromyalgia including:
- Getting on social media to share facts, stats, figures and life stories about fibromyalgia
- Contacting Fibromyalgia Association UK with your story.
- Hosting your own fibromyalgia awareness event to raise funds for research.
- Donating to a fibromyalgia charity or non-profit organization.
- Creating a Facebook page for locals with fibromyalgia.
- Joining or hosting a local support group.
- Printing out support posters and putting them up at your place of work/school/college
- Wearing a fibromyalgia purple ribbon and talking to people about the disease when they ask why you’re wearing it.
- Creating your own YouTube video to explain what it’s like to live with fibromyalgia.
- Selling fibromyalgia wristbands to friends, neighbours, and colleagues.