My Fibro Team is a social network for those living with Fibromyalgia which makes it easy for you to:
- get the emotional support you need from others like you, and
- gain practical advice and insights on managing treatment or therapies for fibromyalgia
When you or a loved one are first diagnosed, it’s not uncommon to feel alone and uncertain of where to find the best information and people that can help you now. My Fibro Team believe in making it easy to find the best people around you to help you get the answers you need, and to find support from people who can truly relate. The main currency on their site is trust – the more you share in posts and your stories, the more questions you ask and answer, the more your support will be valued by other members.
MyFibroTeam is the only social network where you can truly connect, make real friendships, and share daily ups and downs in a judgment-free place.
Below are the most popular areas of the site:
- Activity page is where everyone posts updates – including images, stories, thoughts and anecdotes. It’s where daily triumphs and trials are shared and supported.
- Find People Like You based on location, your diagnosis, and age. You can browse everyone’s story and updates, which helps provide insight as you share with others.
- Q & A section enables you to search previously asked questions and answers, and gives you the ability to ask your own question that will be answered by others on MyFibroTeam.
- Find Providers best suited to meet your needs based on keyword and zip/postal code or city, and you can see which ones other members have recommended.
The spirit of the site is to foster a welcoming community with open arms. Maintaining an atmosphere free of judgment and drama is very important to them to make sure every member can share their experiences, thoughts and feelings as openly as they wish. All of their members share compassion and deep empathy for each other’s journey. When signing up, many people feel shy at first, but quickly discover new friends and people who truly understand what you’re going through. Once you begin interacting on the site by posting updates, or sharing your story, even answering other’s questions, you’ll quickly feel embraced and accepted by the team of individuals already on the site, who are, by all measures, strangers, yet feel closer than well-intentioned friends and family.
My Fibro Team is an independent, venture-capital-backed startup (called MyHealthTeams) based in San Francisco. MyFibroTeam should not only provide you emotional support through the social network, but also be a resource for practical tips, personal experiences, and even referrals to other great doctors from the community. Information shared on the site can be seen by everyone who signs up for an account, but that is it.
So why not pop along and join the team like I have, you will be surprised what you can soon pick up from this network.
2 thoughts on “MY FIBRO TEAM, THE SOCIAL NETWORK FOR THOSE LIVING WITH FIBROMYALGIA…”
A woman on Woman with Fybromyalgia suggested to another to find a Dr. through this site.
I live in Fair Oaks .CA 95628
I need to find a pain specialist in my area. I suffer from low back pain & Fybromyalgia.
Thank you in advance!
Your very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts.