If you don’t want to resort to taking any form of drugs then you need to find the best thing to help with pain relief for back pain or fibromyalgia. Here is a list of …… which are all specifically made for back pain and fibromyalgia.
Healthline has a list of 5 natural painkillers for pain relief.
- Willow Bark – People have been using willow bark to ease inflammation, the cause of most aches and pains, for centuries. The bark of the white willow contains the chemical salicin, which is similar to the main ingredient in aspirin (Bayer).
- Tumeric – Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow colour and unique flavour. It contains the compound curcumin, an antioxidant that helps protect the body from free radical molecules that can damage cells and tissue.
- Whole cloves – Whole cloves are often used to spice up meat and rice dishes. Ground cloves are used in pies and many other foods. As a medicine, cloves can be found in capsule or powder form. Clove oil is also available.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture may relieve pain by causing the body to release serotonin, a “feel-good” chemical that eases the pain.
- Among the most common home pain remedies is applying heat and ice directly to sites of pain. While this treatment may seem obvious, not everyone’s clear on exactly when to use ice versus heat.
A book on CBS Hemp Oil: A Natural Alternative for Disease Treatment and Pain Relief by Christopher Knowles is available on Amazon and research has shown that there are two main components of Marijuana that are showing promising results for the treatment of many medical conditions. The two main components that are showing promising results include: THC and Cannabidiol. Cannabidiol is the non-psychoactive ingredient that will not cause people to “get high”. Cannabidiol is the component that can be extracted from the different areas of the plant including both the marijuana portion and the hemp portion and is offering promising results in treating rare medical conditions, and another way to get pain relief without drugs.
Physique is a website with some great pain relieving items and there Deep Freeze Cold Patches are perfect for someone who finds cold is better than heat for pain. If you prefer heat for pain then the Thermacare heated back wrap can give you 16 hours of pain relief. If you like using both then there is a great company called Pain Relief Cushions which sell different types of wheat filled bags that can go into the microwave for heat or freezer for cold. I cannot manage without these pain relief cushions which I pop into the microwave on a regular basis. Just the smell of the lavender they are filled with helps me to relax.
Actipatch – The ActiPatch® product provides advanced long-lasting chronic pain relief using Electromagnetic Pulse Therapy and works great for back pain, knee pain, muscle & joint pain, arthritis, sciatica, fibromyalgia, strains, sprains and more. ActiPatch® is drug and ingredient-free so is safe for continuous use and can be used while taking any other medication.
Of course, the posture shirts which I have written about before are another type of pain relief for any type of back pain. A new great spinal support is a ‘Posture Shirt‘ made by Alignmed, who sell patented posture clothing. Their shirts give you a gentle pull and help relieve pain. It also helps to correct your body alignment, improve your balance and increase your mobility. They say ‘your posture has an influence on your physical health and overall well-being, so having aligned posture benefits us during work, training and in everyday life.’
Finally, for anyone suffering from sciatica the Sciatica Pain Relief Cushion is an absolute must for home and in the car where you will feel pain relief straight away. The Sciatic Pain Relief Cushion is a class 1 medical device designed to alleviate the pressure on the sciatic nerve while sitting allowing the nerve space and time to heal. By placing the cushion on your seat every time you sit you are able to stretch your sciatic nerve whilst reducing the increased pressure the nerve experiences during sitting. This cushion is specifically designed for people who have sciatica pain symptoms that are aggravated or exacerbated while sitting or seated. It is easy to use and safe.