6 ways to create calm in your body will help you sleep and feel better from the inside.
- Your jaw can carry stress which then radiates to your head and neck. Some people even grind their teeth. Loosen that tension by opening your mouth wide for half a minute, and breath naturally through your nose, then allow your mouth to gently close.
- Download an app which has guided meditation like Headspace or Buddhify which give you a helping hand when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Create your own mantra, your personal mantra should be something to inspire you and motivate you. If you can’t think of one for yourself, there are lots to choose from online.
- Relax your face by turning your head to gently look over one shoulder and then the other shoulder then gently tilt your head back just for a few seconds.
- Listen to a beautiful piece of music, as studies have shown that slow music with a 10-second repetitive cycle can be very relaxing. They say it syncs with your blood pressure rhythm.
- Go for a walk. It’s easy to stay inside and not bother but walking can boost circulation and leaves you feeling more relaxed. It also helps you to sleep better.