May is Fibromyalgia Awareness Month and ProHealth say, ‘Help us raise awareness and dispel the myths about this disease’. Write your story of Fibromyalgia on their site Fibromyalgia Awareness Healing Story Meaning originally written by Rebuilding Wellness.
Zazzle an American site has a number of Fibromyalgia Awareness Gifts from t. shirts to key rings. T. shirts are also available from Cafe Press UK. Another brilliant site for anything Fibro related is Fibro Blogger a Directory of People who Blog about Fibromyalgia. So, if you blog about people join this amazing directory of Fibro Bloggers.
There is also a Facebook Site which is promoting May 12th as ‘International ME/CFS/& FM Awareness Day’ so pop over and give them a tick or a donation to help raise awareness of these diseases.
SIX FACTS ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA…
- It is a real disorder with measurable biological abnormalities.
- There is a specific set of diagnostic criteria developed by the American College of Rheumatology to be used for diagnosing Fibromyalgia.
- It affects men, women, and children of all ages.
- Several studies have revealed markers of inflammation in Fibromyalgia.
- Exercise, when done properly, can help to reduce Fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Although there is no cure for Fibromyalgia, it can be managed with the right combination of treatments and therapies.