After briefly writing about CBD oil on my blog I am delighted to include this guest post from Crystal Wilson, Content Strategist-CBD/Health. CBD oil is explained fully and I am sure will be of great interest to my readers.
Are you suffering from chronic back pain and tried all the conventional pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments available? If surgery also does not seem like a viable option, you should consider the next best alternative – using CBD oil for back pain!
According to the WHO, CBD oil may have many therapeutic benefits for people experiencing discomfort and pain. Many animal and preclinical studies have found that CBD oil is beneficial in reducing inflammation, a significant factor in chronic back pain.
A study reveals that CBD interacts with alpha-3 glycine receptors to relieve back pain by reducing the inflammation. CBD oil has shown to combat anxiety and promote sleep. All these properties make CBD oil a promising option for back pain management.
Ready to learn more about how to use CBD oil for back pain relief? Let’s get started!
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is made from cannabidiol infused in a carrier oil. These oils are mostly medium-chain triglycerides like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil as they have many health benefits and are easy to digest.
CBD is extracted from the high CBD strain cannabis plants using some solvent. The golden standard for making CBD oil is using CO2 as a solvent where it changes its state from gas to liquid to penetrate the plant and extract cannabinoids from it. Eventually, the CO2 dissipates, leaving a viscous oil extract. Some manufacturers might add flavonoids, phytonutrients, or aromatic components such as essential oils, to their finished products.
How does it work?
CBD oil interacts with our body’s natural endocannabinoid system to inhibit neural transmission in pain pathways. ECS is primarily responsible for regulating the hormonal balance in mind and enhancing anandamide, the pain-regulating compound located in the brain.
CBD releases this compound into the bloodstream in excess by preventing its absorption, which automatically reduces the pain in the body, including back pain. CBD oil reduces body pain through the body’s TRPV1 receptors, which are responsible for functions like controlling inflammation and pain awareness.
Where to Buy CBD Oil?
The market of CBD oils is growing leaps & bounds, and one can easily find these oils. You can buy CBD oils either from online or local dispensaries in your region; however, buying it online gives you access to a vast range of products and attractive deals. Certain online dispensaries like CBD Canada offer carefully tested products at each stage of the process and ensure that only the top quality CBD oils hit their shelves.
How to use CBD OIL for back pain
CBD oils are available as a liquid, capsule, or in the cartridges for vaping purposes. There are many ways to administer CBD oil for pain relief like orally, topically, or sublingually.
- Oral administration: ·
● You can take CBDfx tincture oil either by swallowing the capsules or by adding it to food or beverages. When you ingest CBD oil, it passes through your digestive tract and is metabolized by your liver.
● Absorption of CBD oil in the bloodstream can also depend on your food intake. According to a study, supplementing your food with pharmaceutical and dietary fats aids in better and faster absorption of CBD in the bloodstream.
● Orally administered CBD oil can interfere with certain drugs and causes drug interactions. So, it’s important to discuss its dosage and its effect on other prescribed medication with your doctor.
● Although it is the slowest route for CBD to reach the target pain location, it stays active for the longest time.
- Sublingual administration:
● You can administer CBD oil under the tongue for quick relief from pain.
● The ingredients from oil are absorbed directly and quickly into the bloodstream from capillary-rich areas under the tongue.
● The absorption of CBD in the bloodstream is faster than swallowing as it circulates throughout the body without getting metabolized by the liver.
- Topical administration:
● You can use CBD oil by infusing it in your lotion or directly rubbing on affected pain areas.
● This administration is ideal for on the spot treatment and allows the oil to diffuse across your skin to targets, like pain-perceiving nerves, inflammatory cells, and muscles.
● According to an article published in the European Journal of Pain, CBD oil’s topical administration is more effective than the sublingual method.
Every method of administration is influenced by various factors and varies from person to person. Therefore, there cannot be one specific dose for everyone. For some people, even the lower dose does the trick. So, it is advisable to start with a small dose and then increase gradually only if needed.
Please note that there might not be adequate receptors in your body for individuals who have never used CBD products before, and it might take a few days for it to start working.
How to determine the quality of CBD Oil?
If you are going to use a product for your well-being, its quality is of paramount importance. The following checklist can help you buy the highest quality CBD oil for back pain:
● The source of CBD is extremely crucial as the cannabis plants are bio accumulators and absorb every substance, whether good or bad, from the soil.
● Another crucial factor to consider before buying CBD oil for back pain is the potency, and higher strength doesn’t always mean the oil will work better.
● The extraction process, along with solvents, profoundly impacts the quality of the final product. There are many extraction methods, but you should avoid the product that is extracted using butane as a solvent.
Benefits of CBD Oil for Back Pain
● A natural product with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
● Muscle relaxant, which helps in reducing insomnia and stress.
● Lower risk of overdose and has a negligible effect on behavior at higher doses.
● No evidence of withdrawal symptoms and a lesser risk of addiction.
● It can help in the reduction of neuropathic pain resulting from metabolic disorders.
CBD oil comes with plenty of health benefits owing to its anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antidepressant properties. It can help you manage your back pain safely and naturally, but it is vital only to use high-quality CBD oil that comes from reputable manufacturers and sellers.
You should consult with your doctor for information regarding dosage and drug interaction to avoid any side effects.