Here are eight really interesting facts about back pain.
1.Up to 7% of people with acute back pain will develop chronic back pain. These chronic patients have considerable discomfort and account for approximately 80% of the social and health care costs.
2. Severe intermittent back pain that goes down to your groin, could indicate that you have kidney stones.
3. Eighty to 90% of back pain resolves itself within a month to six weeks all on its own.
4. Back pain accounts for almost one fourth of all occupational injuries and illnesses.
5. A survey of back patients revealed that 75% of those who were told they needed surgery recovered successfully without it.
6. Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic—meaning they are NOT caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer. But rather poor posture and poor use of the body.
7. The number of given people who have lumbar related pain increases with age.
8. Pain that is worse in the morning and improves with movement and stretching is often indicative of a muscle related issue or injury.