There are some lovely self-care boxes available on the internet which would lighten up anyone’s day especially now during these hard times. You could make one yourself or buy one. I have found some that start from £11. Some are subscriptions if you choose to do that, but you can also send a one-off box. Christmas is the perfect time to send one as it would make a lovely surprise for someone not expecting anything to drop through the letter box.
I don’t know about you but I get quite excited at the sound of something large coming through the letter box and although I have never received one of these boxes I do get my regular magazines that I have signed up to and some have some freebies in them or extra reading which makes them even heavier, and of course not all of them can fit through your letter box.
It is a fight between me and my husband as to who gets to the front door the quickest. The funny thing is that nine times out of ten the only envelopes for my husband are bills.
Here is my choice of some lovely self-care boxes for Christmas 2020 gifts.
- A mini spa in a box which will contain the following – 1 jasmine scented tea light, 1 organic detox Pukka teabag, White chocolate jazzles (50g) 2 handmade heart bath bombs, Body moisturiser pouch and Bath salts in test tube all delivered with your own personalised message. All for £11 from Peace & Willow on Etsy.
2. A Hug in a Box Self Care Ladies Package which will contain the following – a facemask, wax melt, tea envelopes, chocolate bar and sweets, and a positivity quote card. Their Standard hug in a box contains Facemask, cosy socks, bath fizzers, wax melt, tea envelopes, chocolate bar, sweets, 3x posititvity quotecards. And their large hug in the box contains the same as listed above, as well as hand cream, hot chocolate, lip balm, notebook and quoted bookmark. All for £13.50 from Dougie and Jarvis on Etsy.
3. The Mindful Box which was curated to bring tranquility in these chaotic times and inspired by the owner of LA DI DA Sweet Treats own journey with COVID 19, Sangita hopes it will encourage Brits to focus on self-care this winter. For every box sold 10% will be donated to their mental health partner charity, SANE. It contains organic aromatherapy oils to calming wax candle melts and delicious coated Oreos and delivered with your own message. It costs £25 from La Di Da Sweet Treats.
4. The Mindful Gifting Company below make Mindful Gift Subscription Boxes but you can also buy as a one off like this lovely one. All their boxes are hand packed, with anything from 5-7 items. With a range of hand selected products, you will enjoy new things to do. A variety of products which they think will distract your mind and give you that much needed head space as well as indulgent beauty treatments to encourage self-care and nurturing of the body inside and out for £25
- 5. A pamper hug in a box which contains RoseMini Bath Hearts, Rose and Ylang Bath Salts,
The Tub – Paraben Free Soap, A Little Pocket Hug, A Wish Bracelet and a Dairy Milk Chocolate Bar. All for just £13.50 with personalised message from Moomin Monkie at Etsy.
6. Christmas Pamper Gift Box available on Ebay for £12.95 + £3. 10 postage. The Christmas pamper mini gift box makes a perfect little relaxing gift that everyone will love. With just enough for a mini pamper session for somebody special. Each box arrives festively packaged with a ‘Merry Christmas’ label and will contain the following; Face mask
Foot treatment pack, Lindor chocolates, Festive Yankee candle, Festive dark green gel nail polish, Nail file, Cadburys hot chocolate, and Hand cream.
7. Personalised Christmas Pamper Box by The Lovely Soap Company on Not On The High Street – £25 + £3.75 postage and contains one handmade olive oil soap bar, two handrolled cocoa butter bath truffles and a natural soy wax candle, all scented with pure essential oils.
Available in a choice of 5 aromatherapy blends, choose from: Rejuvenate – our Limited Edition Christmas set – with frankincense & orange essential oils plus a gorgeous Winter Spice candle scented with a blend of orange, cinnamon and clove essential oils
Also available in: Relax – with lavender essential oils, Balance – with sweet orange & geranium essential oils, Refresh – with grapefruit & lemongrass essential oils, Sleep Well – with clary sage, bergamot & ylang ylang essential oils (not suitable for use during pregnancy). And if you’d like to make this gift extra special you can include a message. Just tell us what you’d like to say and we’ll add your message to the inside lid of the gift box for you. A perfect Xmas pamper treat for someone special.