We are all feeling a little down in the dumps at the moment with the depressing weather and dark days but you can help create your own energy and movement if you cannot get outside. Here are eight great ideas on how to get you moving and increase your energy.
- Climb the stairs even if you are not going upstairs to get something, try increasing the amount of times you climb them daily and you will soon notice how less out of breath you are after a few days of doing it.
- Do not sit for too long, make sure you have a regular break. Set your phone alarm to go off every 30 mins and get up and take a walk around your house. Enjoy walking around your house and admire some things you have probably not noticed for a while and you may also find a few cobwebs while walking 🙂
- If your phone goes stand up and put it on speaker while you chat to whoever has phoned you. Hold onto a table while chatting and move your legs from side to side. You will forget how many you have done as you will be busy chatting instead. Don’t forget to change legs.
- Always go for a short walk just before your lunch, if you cannot get outside to do a short walk to the bottom of your street and back then walk around your garden instead. If that’s not possible either then do a lap of the whole house and count your steps as you are doing it. You will amazed how many steps you will be doing.
- If you are working from home, try and make your working space user friendly so that you can do the odd stretch or sit and meditate for a short while. Check out some desk exercises online.
- Avoid blue light at night so that you will get a great nights sleep ready for another great day.
- Drink lots and lots of fluid during the day and try to eat at regular times. This can help with weight loss as well as wellbeing.
- Finally, buy a houseplant – it’s a well known fact that plants are good for you as they purify the air. They also boost your energy and help you sleep, ease stress and make you happy. Simply looking after your plants can lift your mood and improve your wellbeing. They can help air circulation, which can prevent the spread of viruses! To find which plants and where to put them buy this book Houseplants for a Healthy Home: 50 Indoor Plants to Help You Breathe Better, Sleep Better, and Feel Better All Year Round by John VanZile from Amazon at £10.65 (Hardcover).