For hayfever sufferers, enjoying sunny spring and summer days is often a longed-for luxury, with the season spent sniffling and sneezing instead. And if missing out on outdoor events to avoid puffy eyes and a runny nose wasn’t bad enough, some may also suffer from drowsiness caused by over the counter remedies. Health Plus provides a range of immune system boosting natural supplements to help cope with the symptoms of hayfever. Bee Propolis, collected from tree buds and botanical sources by honey bees, is thought to help allergy sufferers, whilst offering a rich source of nutrients, flavonoids, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It can also increase energy levels, so has the added bonus of helping you get the most out of action-packed outdoor activities.
Simon Bandy, Health Plus’ health and nutrition expert says: “Hayfever is a common allergy that can be extremely limiting for sufferers during a time of the year when we should all be able to enjoy the outdoors. Many people prefer not to take conventional medication to deal with allergies, but there are lots of natural ways to help cope with hayfever.”
Simon’s top 10 tips for coping with hayfever season:
- Wear wraparound sunglasses whilst outdoors or in the car to protect your eyes from pollen.
- Hoover your home regularly – pollen spores can collect on fabrics so it’s important to keep your home as allergen free as possible.
- Pollen counts are highest in the early morning and late afternoon, so scheduling your outdoor activity between these times can help reduce symptoms.
- Boost your vitamin intake throughout the year with a multivitamin supplement, to ensure your immune system is at its optimum level for coping with hayfever.
- Health Plus’ Mega Multivitamin contains 30 vitamins, minerals and nutrients, and is several times the strength of regular supermarket multivitamins.
- Keep an eye on the pollen count and keep windows and doors closed on high count days.Using a petroleum jelly or beeswax on your nostrils can act as a barrier to pollen.
- Dry laundry indoors or in a dryer; hanging them on an outside washing line can lead to pollen spores being collected on clothing.
- Avoid keeping fresh flowers in your home.
- Taking trips to the beach can be beneficial, as the pollen count is usually lower nearer to the coast.
- Pets can bring in pollen from outside on their coats, so try and avoid close contact with them when your symptoms are bad, and give them regular baths.
Stockists: www.healthplus.co.uk, www.amazon.co.uk and at all good independent health shops nationwide. Prices: Bee Propolis costs £8.95 for 60 1000mg tablets (60 days’ supply).Mega Multivitamin costs £7.95 for 30 tablets (1 month supply).
1 thought on “TOP TIPS FOR COPING WITH HAYFEVER NATURALLY…”
Reblogged this on Blogger Bar & Social Influencer.