Here are ten sleep and lifestyle facts from Sleep Care.
1.Bed snoring with infants doubled from 6.5% to 13.5% between 1993 and 2015, says Medical News Today.
2. A cooler bedroom temperature of 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit is the best optimal sleep temperature, says Sleep Org.
3. Adults who sleep less than 8 hours a night are more likely to report stress symptoms such as fatigue, irritability, and anger, says the American Physiological Association.
4. Exposure to blue light can reduce sleep by 16 minutes, with an average of 7.6 sleep disruptions during the night, says Science Daily.
5. Six minutes of reading at night can reduce stress by 68% and help combat insomnia, says Business Insider.
6. A warm bath two hours before bedtime can improve the sleep onset time by about 36%, says Quartz, Soak and Sleep.
7. Daytime naps of 20-30 minutes can improve mood, alertness and work performance, says Sleep Foundation.
8. One cigarette can cause you to lose 1.2 minutes of sleep each night due to nicotine stimulation and withdrawal effects, says Huff Post.
9. 3%-5% of obesity cases are caused by lack of sleep, says Harvard T.H. Chan.
10. Every hour of screen time reduces sleep time by 3-8 minutes, says Science Daily.