The National Fibromyalgia Association have been serving the needs of the fibromyalgia (FM) community for over two decades and to be taking the next steps in order to help improve the quality of life for millions of people living with this life altering disorder.
The founder lived with FM for over 30 years, and has dedicated her life and career to bringing improved awareness, a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying the causes of this disorder, and working to provide information and support to the entire FM community.
Unfortunately, the message that people with fibromyalgia continue to receive is that, “FM is a chronic pain condition that is little understood, and there is almost nothing that can be done to help relieve the symptoms of this illness.” They hope if you get nothing else from visiting the NFA’s web site, you will know this statement is absolutely NOT true!
So, they want you to tell them about your fatigue.
Dr. Anna Kratz, an Associate Professor at the University of Michigan, conducts clinical research to assess, characterize, and treat chronic symptoms such as pain, cognitive dysfunction, and fatigue that interfere with functional ability and quality of life across multiple clinical populations. Dr. Kratz has developed a study to better understand the nature of fatigue in fibromyalgia. The information you provide in the linked survey will help inform us about how best to measure fatigue, understand the real-life consequences of fatigue, and find ways to address fatigue in people with fibromyalgia.
- People who are at least 18 years old and diagnosed with fibromyalgia
What to expect:
- You will fill out an online survey, answering questions about your fatigue and other related symptoms. The survey will take approximately 30-40 minutes to fill out.
- People who complete the survey can enter a raffle to
win a $100 Visa gift card (20 gift cards will be given out)!To learn more and participate in the study, click on the link below. Take The Survey
You can join National Fibromyalgia Association for FREE, for a limited time and as a member you will receive…
- A monthly Newsletter, “NFA’s – Inspire” providing you with news, upcoming events, ways you can participate in FM research, and other free offerings!
- An NFA Membership Card
- The opportunity to share your story!