We all like our cup of teas but why not try some that have health benefits as well. Before I get up in a morning I have my cup of tea then take my medication followed by a hot shower but I never thought of swapping my English tea for one that will help me to relax from the start of the day. Here are six teas that can help you to feel more relaxed and hopefully in less pain.
1. Chamomile – is known for being a natural sedative which is highly recommended for relaxation and for relieving tension. With a smooth flavor that makes it easy to sip on, chamomile tea is one of the most popular tea varieties.
2. Lemon Balm – has an acidic aroma. Using its flowers and leaves to make teas helps one get a deep sleep.
3. Mint Tea – great for your digestive system, which can be helpful if your stress or anxiety levels tend to bring on tummy troubles. It also contains anti-inflammatories and sedatives, and is a great way to get a better night’s sleep.
4. Passion Flower and Valerian – Passion flowers contain natural anxiolytics and acts as a natural tranquilizer and Valerian is one of the best known natural sedatives. Although its taste is not very pleasant, it induces sleep and reduces nervousness. Valerian root helps to qualm stress and anxiety levels, while also reducing blood pressure.
5. Lavender Tea – Lavender is another herb that has been shown to relieve stress and promote relaxation, making it a soothing addition to many tea and herbal infusions. Lavender tea helps to relax muscles and calm nerves.
6. Rose Tea – rose petals have been shown to have a potent relaxing effect. It makes a wonderful brew to elevate your mood during the day or calm you down before going to bed.