A Hygge Box is wellbeing and happiness in a box, and there are quite a few of them around.
They boxes filled with a gorgeous collection of exciting treats with some from artisans, makers and designers who fill their boxes with home-wares, delicious chocolate, stationery, inspiring books, cosy drinks and other exciting surprises.
A few examples include this one from Tarry & Sage on Etsy which is £24.99 and includes a carefully chosen selection of hygge inspired items to help you achieve the Danish lifestyle concept of comfort and quality living.
All Beautifully gift-boxed with tissue, containing;
– An enameled tin mug with two sachets of luxurious Cadbury hot chocolate. A decadent drink that warms you down to your toes and is pretty much the embodiment of hygge.
– A heavenly scented salted caramel soy wax candle. Giving your evening a cozy glow while delivering a pleasing, rich aroma.
– Cozy Scandi patterned lounge/house socks. Delivering relief and joy after a long day on your feet.
– A traditional box of wooden dominos. Perfect for a hygge filled evening spent connecting and chatting as you play.
– Healing and de-stressing Himalayan and Epsom bath salt soak. Simply add to your bath so you can enjoy the pleasure and comfort of dissolving into a warm body of water.
All beautifully gift-boxed with tissue ready to present to a friend or to enjoy yourself!
Or, this little one from Natures Genie also on Etsy for £8.95 – Hygge Self Care Gift Box, Hygge Definition Bath Gift set, Care package Bath Salt Bath Fizz Cozy Gift Set, Vegan Gift stress relief gift. The pretty packaging and gift box it arrives in is like a present in itself.
Hygge Style have a number of boxes from ‘A Cosy Night In’, at £29.95 to ‘Love For Our Key Workers’ at £24.99. The latter contains a lovely beaker from Danish brand Krasilnikoff, a box of Chill Out Mint tea by Hoogly tea, a lavender bag to pop under their pillow to soothe their sleep, a Norska lip and skin balm, which is BRILLIANT when massaged on to hands that have been washed too many times! And a sweet white Danish terracotta candle holder, with star motif (as they all are stars ).
Of course you can always make your own and add all the things you know the recipient loves. Some companies do subscription boxes for a regular delivery but the idea is such a lovely way to cheer someone up.