World Sleep Day is an annual event, intended to be a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of World Sleep Society (founded by WASM and WSF) and aims to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorders. World Sleep Day is held the Friday before Spring Vernal Equinox of each year.
The holiday aims to emphasize the importance of sleep and raise awareness about sleep disorders through fun events around the globe.
According to WikiHow the best way to enjoy World Sleep Day is to –
- Choose if you want to sleep alone, with someone else, or with something else.Get your pet to cuddle with you while you take a nap; if the pet escapes, you can always substitute them for a stuffed animal.
- Determine how long you wish to “celebrate”. Is this going to be a power nap because you have work for the day, a cat nap for a few hours, or quality time with your pillow for the entire day? Don’t tell yourself that you need to wake up and do something productive instead of sleeping. If you can’t sleep, just stay in bed all day!
- Dress appropriately. The more comfortable you are, the better sleep you’ll have. Be sure to count each layer of blanket material as one layer in general
- Sprawl out on a bed, sofa, hammock, or any comfortable setting. This is a day to be lazy, so however you position yourself is up to you. You can have your feet propped up on the sofa’s arm rest instead of squishing yourself on the cushions, have a foot planted on the ground if you are in a hammock so you can rock back and forth while going to sleep.
- See if the sleep that you got for the day made a difference. Ask yourself if you feel more refreshed than before today. Sleep is healthy for people, as it lowers stress and refreshes the body for the next day.
It could also be a time to change your mattress so why not take advantage of the discount on N:Rem mattress’s by simply adding this code ‘BACKPAINBLOG’ at check out to get £30 off your order.