We all have busy lifestyles now and the majority of us tend to jump in the shower first in the morning and having a bath is at the bottom of your list. When was the last time you enjoyed a good soak in the bath? I am ashamed to say it’s years for me as I love my shower but when I move house I am going to change all that.
Here are 4 reasons why running a hot bath for yourself could make you feel more relaxed and calmer, just like a breath of fresh air.
- It will help you to wind down before you go to sleep. They reckon that a warm bath an hour before you go to help will help you go to sleep and Epsom salt and lavender oil (five drops) will help you along your way.
- A quick bath can totally transform you by adding just a few drops of bath oils to soften your skin, lie with a face sheet mask warmed up in the water across your face and pop a mask on your hair. After a short while when you remove your mask from your hair and face your face and body will feel transformed.
- Soothe your dry skin by adding a handful of oats to your bath with a spoonful of raw honey as they are great at hydrating your skin. They say don’t soak for longer than 20 minutes and use a soap-free body wash to finish and a fragrance-free moisturiser.
- A bath can not only help you wind down but it can also help to pep your mood up, it’s what you add to the water that makes all the difference. Uplifting grapefruit essential oils wakes up the senses. Mix eight to 10 drops with a few tablespoons of almond oil to ensure it disperses into the water. Remember to not have your water too hot as this will make you sleepy.
- Being immersed in water past your chest with your head out can have a good influence on your lung capacity and oxygen intake. There are two factors that contribute to this; the temperature of the water and the pressure the water places on your chest and lungs. When the water is warmer and your heart is beating faster, your oxygen intake can be improved and the steam created can clear your sinuses and chest.
- Warm baths improve mental and emotional health. Candlelight, soothing music and sweet smells: Done right, a bath can be the ultimate in self-care. They also create a good environment for meditation, thought and escape from everyday stressors.
- According to dermatologists, taking baths can reduce ageing and adult acne.