Homeopathy Awareness Week (HAW) takes place from 10th – 16th April, and is a celebration of homeopathy, a safe, gentle, natural system of medicine. April 10th was the day on which Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of homeopathy, was born. During Homeopathy Awareness Week, people from around the world will gather together to commemorate Hahnemann’s birth, and to raise awareness of how homeopathy can help to improve health and wellbeing.
Homeopathy Awareness Week is a really good time to find out more about this safe, gentle and natural form of medicine, which can be used by everyone, of all ages.
There are over 3,000 registered homeopaths in the UK, so there will be someone near you who can provide gentle, safe, natural and effective healthcare.
Homeopathy is natural, healthy, medicine and it has been used by millions of people for over two hundred years.
If you visit a homeopath, you will be treated as the unique individual that you are. Your homeopath will ask you lots of questions which helps them to understand the symptoms you are experiencing and understand more about your general level of health. This enables them to find out what medicine is right for you. Your homeopath will also want to know about you as an individual; things such as what makes you happy, what makes you sad, and how you react to life’s challenges in general.
When your homeopath has enough information about you, they will prescribe the appropriate medicine with the aim of stimulating your own body’s ability to heal. In other words, they will select a bespoke homeopathic medicine based on what is right for your particular individual needs.
Homeopathic medicines are made from a range of different natural substances, mainly from the plant kingdom. They are prepared in a way which makes them safe and free from harmful adverse reactions.
If you suffer from a health condition, and nothing you have tried so far seems to have worked, why not try homeopathy?
Did you know….?
· Homeopathy works! Worldwide, around 450 million people a year use homeopathy
· Homeopathy is natural medicine, and is safe for everyone to use, including babies, children, adults, the elderly, and women during pregnancy
· Homeopathy can be safely used to treat all sorts of health problems, from simple short term, but irritating conditions, such as coughs and colds, to more complex, long-term conditions. For complex or chronic conditions, you will need to consult with a registered homeopath.
· There’s plenty of evidence showing that homeopathy works, especially from patients asked to share their experience of using homeopathy
· Some studies where patients have been asked to confirm if homeopathy has helped them, suggest an impressive 70% improvement in overall health following homeopathic treatment!
· It’s fine to use homeopathy alongside other forms of medicine
· Because homeopathic medicines are made in a very special way, they are safe, and rarely cause unwanted side-effects
· Homeopathy has been part of NHS provision since 1948. This means there are lots of patient records which show that homeopathy works!