If you have been newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia here are a few tips to help you deal with the condition.
1. Never be afraid to ask for help, be it with the shopping, cooking or cleaning. As most sufferers tend to ‘look fine’ most people do not realise the pain they are suffering inside, so if you don’t ask you won’t get help. 2. If work is leaving you exhausted and in pain, then design a flexible plan that works for you and your boss. Ask about working from home part-time, or setting your hours for earlier or later in the day so you can be more productive, during this busy time.
2. At the office, rearrange your workspace for comfort and easy accessibility. A telephone headset, keyboard tray, or other products may help put less stress on your body.
3. Don’t try to always put on a happy face. Your loved ones need to know what makes your symptoms worse.
4. Rest, rest and more rest, every little helps to recharge your batteries. When you feel that overwhelming urge to sleep try and get forty winks.
5. Support groups can play an important part in the lives of people with chronic illnesses. Whether in person or online, they offer a safe place to talk with others who may share your frustrations and concerns.
6. Tomorrow is another day and with Fibromyalgia tomorrow can be a more comfortable day, so try to not think negative when you are having a bad day.
7. Keep all your ‘helpful’ pain relievers on hand, be it a hot water bottle, pillow, cushion or whatever you have that helps your pain.
8. A useful purchase for going out is a lightweight portable stadium seat which you can find on Amazon.
9. Also a sciatica support cushion can be great to have in your car while travelling. I could not manage many journeys without mine. There are lots to choose from.
10.This is an Adjustable Tripod Walking Stick and seat. If, like me you cannot stand for long in a queue then this is just perfect. The Height adjustable walking stick seat is designed to provide support and comfort and provides a stable and comfortable seated position when you need a break from standing.